[复制链接]
发表于 2021-12-25 12:23:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 凡人 于 2021-12-25 12:24 编辑

”没有华人 伦敦就不是伦敦”伦敦市长送祝福

伦敦市长送祝福:没有华人 伦敦就不是伦敦!

伦敦市长送祝福:没有华人 伦敦就不是伦敦!
衷心祝贺《欧洲时报》英国版成立10周年。

伦敦最大的优势是我们的多样性,在伦敦的华侨华人和游客为使伦敦成为世界上最伟大的城市于各方面都做出了巨大的贡献——无论是商业、公共服务、文化还是社会等。

对我们所有人来说,这两年极具挑战性,但我要感谢伦敦华人在这段时间里做出的巨大贡献——从主动前来接种疫苗的人,到为整个首都的人们提供疫苗和加强针的英国国家医疗服务体系的工作人员和志愿者们。

我们还有很长的路要走,我敦促每个人在防止病毒传播方面发挥自己的作用,确保大家接种疫苗及加强针,并继续在公共交通、商店和室内场所佩戴口罩。

伦敦有一个值得骄傲的历史,那就是这里一直是来自各种文化背景的人的家园。在大流行期间,恐华(Sinophobia)的出现与上升绝不可接受。

歧视不能容忍,我将继续与伦敦警察局合作,并与社区团体接触,以解决仇恨犯罪,并为那些受害者提供支持。

没有华人社区,伦敦就不是伦敦。(London would not be London without its Chinese communities)

在这里,一代又一代的亚裔丰富了首都的每个部分,我将继续尽我所能,为大家的贡献而庆祝,在需要的地方提供支持,并解决社群可能有的任何担忧。

I would like to congratulate Nouvelles d’Europe on its 10thanniversary in the UK.

Our capital’s greatest strength is our diversity, and ChineseLondoners and visitors make a huge contribution to everythingthat makes London the greatest city in the world – in business, inour public services, culturally and socially.

It has been an incredibly challenging two years for us all, butI’d like to thank the great contribution of Chinese Londonersduring this time – from those who have come forward to getvaccinated, to the fantastic NHS staff and volunteers getting thevaccine and boosters to people across the capital. We still have along way to go, so I urge everyone to play their part in preventingthe spread of the virus by ensuring they get vaccinated andboosted, and by continuing to wear a facemask on public transportand in shops and indoor venues.

London has a proud history of being home to peoplefrom all backgrounds, and the rise of Sinophobia during thepandemic is unacceptable. Discrimination will not be toleratedand I will continue to work with the Met police and engage withcommunity groups to tackle hate crime and provide support tothose victimised.

London would not be London without its Chinese communities.

Generations of East Asian Londoners have enrichedevery part of the capital’s society and I will continue to do allI can to celebrate their contribution, provide support where it isneeded and address any concerns communities may have.

欧洲时报

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 点击注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|SiXiang.com 思乡思想

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 05:43